How to Preview Modules in Joomla 1.7
I saw many great Joomla 1.7 templates available for free, but most of them are really complicated to set up. It is not hard to set up a joomla site or install a joomla template, but if you don’t know how to position the modules, that is really painful. If the template you want to use, does not come with a module map (module position documentation), you can trick it and find out yourself.
How you find the module positions in Joomla 1.7?
Simple! Login to your Joomla administration panel and follow the steps below:
1. Go the the template manager and find the “Options” button at the top right
2. Click on the “Options” button, and a lightbox will show up with few info.
3. In the “Templates” tab you have to enable the “Preview Module Positions” and click save.
4. Now you are almost finished; add the “?tp=2” to the end of your main domain (will look like this: http://yoursite.com/?tp=2) and start browsing.
5. This way all the module positions will be available for view, but it may be not accurate because some modules can overflow and you will not understand how they are really positioned.
I really hope, this article was helpful! Happy building with Joomla![ssba]